Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sweetest Thing

I told Christian early on that when one of the babies do something new he either needs to take a picture or let me believe I am seeing it for the first time.  Our lives are a little more than hectic. It has been crazy at our house.  I work a more typical work day and am running into some overtime.  And Christian works from noon until who knows when.  He isn't the best at getting the camera out in the morning.  He is just trying to get things done in the morning.  So the picture thing isn't happening. 

About a week ago I get a call when he was on his way to work.  He said they had physical therapy for the twins and it went well.  I should really work with Beckett on coming down the stairs he is getting so close and he thinks he will get it if I just work with him a little that evening.  I told him I would.

That night came but I had plans with the kids right after I got home from work and by the time we all got home it was a night Christian was getting home early.  And his Uncle and cousins were coming over for their yearly Christmas visit. I asked Brenten to work with him. (Brenten could be a PT one day).

Once Christian's family left he asked if I worked with Beckett yet.  I told him no, but Brenten did.  He offered to put all the kids in bed and I needed to stay up and work with Beckett before we put them in bed.  I thought it was so funny he was so insistent.  So I did what the therapist showed us.  I threw the ball up the stairs for him to go get.  He went after it.  We are then supposed to roll the ball down the stairs for him to watch it go down and follow it as he goes after it.  Its so he can learn to look down both to his right and left.  (Back to his torticollis issues) Instead, he gets to the ball, throws it down and slides after it on his own.  It is obvious he has come down the stairs a few times during the day and is starting to get comfortable.

I thought it was so sweet that Christian was trying to let me believe that I was seeing it first. I guess he earned a couple of bonus points. 

No comments: