Tuesday, March 31, 2009
This post is for my Mom. With both Brenten and Landon she gave them suckers and they loved it. and I am pretty sure I freaked out a tiny bit and she would reply with but they like it. So this is to show my Mom that maybe i relaxed a little bit and am keeping up the tradition of my kids getting their first tast of sucker at 6 weeks.
She likes it!!!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
My proud moment....I got all the blood out of his shirt and it now looks brand new. I was so proud of myself. I should take a picture and display it. That is my athletic training education in action there.
I love that she is still so snuggly.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Played some ball. Landon is a lefty and we can't find a glove to fit him so he uses Brenten's old one on the wrong hand.
I am not one to try concoctions but I have had two in the last month from this same pharmacy. The first was a lanolin type stuff for nursing but it was so much better. The pharmacist makes it all kinds of good stuff in it. It was fantastic. So much better than anything I have ever used in the past. The second is this bum cream for Cait. Her yeast infection/diaper rash was gone over night. It was wonderful. Now we just have the thrush to worry about.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Puzzles and kid knex. It can make quite the mess in my living room but if I can tolerate it the boys can be happy for more than an hour.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
1. During the night feedings my boys would go to sleep right after eating and would be fine. Cait likes to snuggle sometimes for way too long and if she falls asleep eating she WILL wake up in 10 minutes to want to get her snuggle time in. Don't get me wrong I love a good snuggle but I would rather postpone it from 2 am to maybe 2 pm.
2. The peeing....okay everyone says that boys are hard because they pee all over and you never know where it is going to go. (shooting pee) that is true. But with girls, it is like a sneak attack. I turn to grab just one more wipe (I know huge mistake on my part.) and continue to change her and then all of a sudden I realize everything is wet. She has peed everywhere.
3. She is so peaceful. Awake or asleep during the day there seems to be a more relaxing quality about Cait. Don't get me wrong, she cries and wiggles and loves to look around but overall she is far more peaceful. It love it.
4. Girls have far cuter clothes and a lot more to choose from. And from birth, they already have must have fashion accessories. Bows, bracelets, head bands, tights, hats. I am really embracing all the girly-ness. Christian just shakes his head at me.
That is all I can think of right now but she is only 4 weeks old. I will have to add to my list as time goes on.
Monday, March 9, 2009
PS- Sometime today I will become a GREAT AUNT. Does that make me old or what? I told my sister she is going to gain 10 years in one day now that she will be a Grandma.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
1. The only reason I play softball and bought a softball mitt was so that I could meet Becky who I knew played softball.
2. I am the only one of everyone that I know that can pitch a knuckle ball in slow pitch softball.
3. I coached high school soccer. We went to state my first year.
4. Becky, my wife, gave me the brush-off the first time I tried to talked to her
5. I proposed to Becky, my wife, at the bottom of the Subway, a slot canyon, day hike in Zions National Park.
6. I got married in soccer socks.
7. I made my wife cry during on the way home from our honeymoon.
8. I am the “short, fat” one in my family.
9. I have put on 20 pounds in the last 2 years.
10. I do not have a hunger drive, I really don’t get hungry.
11. I am a classically trained in figure drawing.
12. I was an art major in college.
13. In college I work with GM on the redesign of the F5 Camaro.
14. I put myself through college at BYU by working as a bartender.
15. I taught at an “at-risk” high school in Las Vegas.
16. One of my students in Las Vegas was on Nevada’s most wanted list.
17. I have competed in rock climbing.
18. I was the Student of the Year for the Boise State University MBA program in 2008.
19. In graduate school (Boise State University, MBA program) I got straight A’s until my very last class gave me an A-.
20. My guilty pleasure is watching Cops. I like to see if anyone I know is getting the beat-down.
21. I am listed as an inventor on two patents.
22. I don’t like to wear to Nike shoes or apparel.
23. I now only buy black and white t-shirts.
24. I have never watched Titanic the movie.
25. My best friend and I hired hot girls to pose as our girlfriends and to hang all over us in very skimpy/sexy outfits at our five year class reunion. The reaction from my friends was worth it!
Mystery Give Away!
My sister Amy posted this on her blog. Here is the game...The first 5 people to comment on this post will receive something made by me. But there is a catch...Here are the rules:
1. It's my choice what to make... and you won't know what it will be until you get it!
2. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make, but I hope you do!
3. What I create will be just for you.
4. It will be done this year. (hopefully well before that) :)
The catch is that you must re-post this on your blog and offer the same giveaway to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog.It's all about sharing the love!Come on, I know you all want to play!