Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Working out!!!

Last Saturday I went running. It was only 2 miles and I walk probably 1/2 of it. And the running was slightly ridiculous. My butt giggled after every step. Yuk!!! I felt like I looked like Pheobe running, except mine wasn't for fun it was just a bunch of flailing about. Then I went Monday and I did much better. But still I don't consider it running. Next week Cait will be 6 weeks old and I think I am going to try to go to the gym a couple of times. I know I need to lose 12lbs to get to pre-baby weight but I need to lose about 20lb to get to pre-Landon baby weight. That is going to be my goal. I don't think I am going to worry too much about it for a few more weeks though. Just start working out a little bit and get a little more consistent. And then I am hoping I can figure out my eating but I am starving far more nursing than I was when I was pregnant.

6 comments:

Haley said...

Okay, silly. In my mind, you have almost a year to blame your extra "stuff" on the baby. I totally did it backwards. I ate and worked out better while I was prego than after I had Averie. Isn't that a little messed?

The Reimers Family said...

Don't sweat it too much, you have plenty of time. My doctor told me that it took my body 9 months to get that way, so I should give myself at least that many months to get back. You'll do it, you're a tough girl! Good luck!!

Jim and Vanessa said...

Thank you so much for the package! We got it day before yesterday. I do already have a boppy, it was given to us by Jim's boss's wife, but I will find someone who could use one. I think it is a necessity of baby items! And thank you for the gift card, that will help so much!

Rendi said...

I started this pregnancy up 10 pounds and I really should be good and start focusing on it now so I will be in a better position once the baby comes. You sound so motivated and that is awesome you are already getting after it! I know exactly how you feel with nursing hunger though- good luck with that! I could clear a whole cookie sheet of brownies in the middle of the night with my nursing twins! I told everyone in the house to not leave any food out over night or it would be demolished!

Mary said...

You are so brave to run so early. I was too tired until around 7 weeks. I still have 10 pounds to go and they are NOT coming off. I think my body just wants to keep them. I am also so hungry all of the time (I probably eat too much) I had a goal to do a half marathon and that was motivating me for awhile, but my joints are killing me when I run (Not enough calcium? I'm not sure what is wrong with me) so now I only run 1-2 times per week and am doing weights. Traci and I are working with a trainer 2 times per week and that is helping too, except I still have 10 pounds left (hopefully 5 of them are boobs) GOOD LUCK. You will probably get to your goal before me :(

Genevre said...

While you described running, I laughed so hard because that is how I run regularly. I haven't see you guys for a while...glad you have a blog since we live so far away to see each other:)