Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cait in the Hospital




I haven't blogged that much lately and I was telling someone it was because I didn't really feel like I had anything to blog about. Boy was that a mistake. I didn't mean that I had to have negative stuff to talk about. I was thinking we needed a trip somewhere so I could talk about that. But no, I am talking about my baby being sick. It has been a rough go for little Cait. She is sick once again. This time she has RSV,pneumonia,ear infection and bronchitis. Luckily the pneumonia and bronchitis are just the beginning stages and she is on her way to getting better from the others. Yesterday she just laid around the house sleeping or snuggling. She didn't eat anything and didn't keep any drinks down. We went to the doc and he sent us home saying to watch her and gave us his cell number. We have the best doctor ever. How many docs give out their personal numbers. By 8 that night she still had not peed at all. So I call the doc worried. He said he would meet us at the hospital and admit us. They put in IV's and did all their little blood tests, x rays etc. A bag of fluid later and she was doing so much better. It was like she was coming to life again. It was a long night but by morning she was much improved. She was starting to smile and talk and play games. We were discharged by lunch time and are now home watching little Cait. The picts were from today when she was doing a little better. I wanted a picture with out a diaper, standing and looking over her shoulder but I didn't even want to try a photo shoot.

9 comments:

Elder Tanner said...

wow Becky, sorry to hear about Cait. I hope she is feeling better soon and you can get a break!

The Reimers Family said...

Poor little girl. You really do have a fabulous doctor.

Genevre said...

Wow! What a horrible begining to the week. She looks so sad. I am sorry you had to go through that- never say you have nothing to post again!

Haley said...

How awful! I hope that things will get better. There's nothing worse than having a sick baby and not being able to do anything for her.

Mom said...

So sorry that you have to deal with sickies. Isn't is amazing the difference a little water makes. The photos are like night and day. We are praying for your family. We love you.

Jenni said...

Wow I'm so sorry to hear she's been so sick! And in the hospital too! Yikes. What a cute smile on her face though. Its amazing that even though when kids don't feel good, they can still be happy.

Chris and Kat said...

and just yesterday I thought how cute it was that she was so snuggly with Brenten. Sorry to hear that it became much more serious. Great doc!

Keri said...

I hope she feels better soon. And I hope you get a break. You know where to find me if you need me.

kitty said...

Awe she looks so cute in the little gown. It is so sad to see our little babies struggle isn't it! Although, they bounce back way faster than adults do. Good luck with the recovery!