Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sick Baby

I don't know what it is about husbands leaving and kids being sick at the same time. But I definitely won't be getting any mom of the year awards for this week. Poor little Cait was acting off over the weekend but she has been so sick I didn't really think much of it until Monday night. She screamed for a 1/2 hour straight. Not a "I'm not getting my way cry" But "I'm in pain and am going to die". I felt so bad. The doctors office was closed but the insta care was open. My dilemma was that she had already thrown up in the car and I had taken it apart and it was in the wash. So I got it cleaned as fast as possible and then took her to the doc. Thanks to my neighbor girl who stayed with the boys and put them to bed. After her screaming for 2 hours. She finally calmed when they gave her numbing drops in her ears and then she fell asleep. Poor thing. Apparently the antibiotic she had just finished last Thursday didn't work and she has had an ear infection the whole time. And to make it worse they were really bad. The doctor said they were blood red. And that her throwing up and diarrhea was because she was in so much pain. (not a stomach bug I thought she had). I don't think I have ever felt so guilty. What Mom doesn't realize their baby is in that much pain. They had to give her a double dose shot of antibiotics and called in some other meds to the pharmacy. Now that it is Thursday she is finally doing much better. She is finally eating again and has stopped throwing up. It does make sense because I was waiting for the boys to get sick and they haven't. I am grateful for that.

On March 3rd, Cait is getting surgery for tubes in her ears. We are hoping it goes well and that she doesn't have so many ear problems. Wish us luck.

8 comments:

Lyn Andrus said...

Good Luck!!! Let me know how everything goes.

Keri said...

Poor baby girl. I'm with you, I would have never guessed she was that sick after seeing her on Sunday. I'm glad she's doing better. Did Jess move back?

Haley said...

She's had a rough first year!! Averie got tubes and it's been totally worth it!! You don't wonder every time they don't sleep well if they have an ear infection. Glad she's doing better.

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry!! I bet you can't wait until the 3rd. Good Luck. Hope everyone else can stay healthy.

Kathlen said...

Poor Cait! We will be praying for her!!

chris w said...

Poor baby and poor mommy! I know that guilty feeling so don't beat yourself up. We've all had to find out the hard way like that. We'll be praying for you guys that the surgery goes well and she gets better!!!

Jenni said...

Ooooh poor little Cait. :( Poor mommy! Don't beat yourself up...it is SOOOOO hard to sometimes know what your child needs when they can't say words. I'm glad that she is doing better now. Sucks that she has to get tubes, but hopefully it will help in the longrun. Hope you get a break here soon to get some R&R.

joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.