Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day of Caits Surgery

The night before Caits surgery for Tubes in her ears, Landon lost Dog. It was traggic. And he made sure if it was tragic for him then it was tragic for all of us. He cried the WHOLE night. I got up with him 4 times and Christian 2 times. The Last time Christian got up with him he put him in the guest bedroom where he continued to cry. Nothing made him better. I think I got maybe a 1/2 hour of sleep. It was crazy. After I got home from the surgery I finally found DOG and I gave it too him, he gave a big sigh and fell asleep. And he slept until 2:30 in the afternoon. And he only got up then because Christian convinced him to play video games with him. He sure does love DOG
Cait right before surgery. Things went really well. They did find that she had ear infections then too. Which only gives us one more reason that she really needed it. I have already noticed some improvements. Prior to surgery she wouldn't even try to walk. I didn't even think about until someone mentioned to me that babies with lots of ear problems have balance problems so the don't walk very early. Now she is taking for 4 and 5 steps at a time. Crawling is still faster but she stands all the time on her own. Also I couldn't tip her upside down or she would scream. I thought we was just going to be a little chicken. Now she loves it. I wonder if it was the pressure.
My cute cute baby.

7 comments:

chris w said...

I'm so glad it went well and that you are already seeing so many improvements.

Thanks again for the playdate. It was so sun to see you finally!

Haley said...

That's the cutest little hospital robe ever. Glad things are getting better. Averie's were so worth it!

swilkie12 said...

I love Cait's hospital robe pictures! She looks like she's struting her stuff in the first one it's absolutely adorable! I'm so glad that things are going better.

Mom said...

What a precious family you have given us.

kitty said...

I'm so glad it went well. I bet you are relieved to get on with a healthier little one. It is so hard to see them in so much pain all the time. Hurray for modern medicine!

Jenni said...

I'm glad to hear that her surgery went well. Phew! She is a cutie.

Mom Hodgson said...

Ear infections are not always easy to detect. Garrett started getting them when he was 6 mo. He got them back to back. Drove me nuts. The last one he had, his Dad and I went back and forth about whether he had an infection or not. I said he did, Dad said he didn't. So I did nothing. The morning that Brad was born I got up and got meds. for Garrett. Then went to hospital and had Brad. The next day Garrett was screeming that his ear hurt. Talk about feeling like a bad mother. Glad Cait is doing better.