Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dr. Appt. #2....of many

Yesterday I had my second doctors appointment. I have gained a 1/2 lb in the last 4 weeks so we are up to 5lbs. I have been pretty sick. I am guessing the weight will really start piling on soon. I didn't know they would do another ultra sound so I was pleasantly surprised when they did and it wasn't because they were concerned. I hate the stage where you can't really feel them consistently yet so you don't really know they are good until you go to the dr. appointment. I was really concerned something would be wrong even though have not had any cramping or bleeding or anything that would indicate a problem. I think most people are this way. I know they will be uncomfortable and even annoying when they are both moving around in there non stop but it will be nice to have the reminder that they are good. Anyway, it was just a quick ultrasound. Babies are looking great. I was at 14 weeks 3 days and they were measuring at 14 weeks 4 days and 2 days. So that is great. The doctor also said that he only sees one placenta. So that means we are having identical twins. Will I be the worst mom if I can't tell them apart? Even though there is only one placenta they still have a divider in there and so they both have their own fluid and nutrition which is good. Another high light of the visit, is I have a headache non stop for about a month now and they turn into migraines 1-2 times a week. No fun. I can't go on the medication for it so he said to start my day with a coke (or Dr. Pepper) and some tylenol and continue as needed. Guilt free soda in the morning....priceless. However, today is day one of trying it and I am so jittery. But so far, no migraine.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and then after that I move to every 2 weeks. I can't believe how much I am going to have to see the doctor.

9 comments:

Genevre said...

How exciting! I was wondering the same thing about identical twins- how during the first weeks anyone can tell them apart..I am sure the Mom doesn't- but of course don't tell anyone that :) Good luck with headaches, they stink!

Brittany said...

That sounds like the yummiest medicine ever. I'm so sorry you have headaches though. Hopefully the Dr. Pepper will help. Im so glad you got an ultra sound. They are the best!

Jenni said...

WOohoo pop in the morning. :) haha. That's a great perscription. Actually, do you remember our roommate Dawn from college? She had migraines a lot and she would drink dr. pepper to hoard them off.

Elder Tanner said...

Love the update! My good friend has identical twin girls, she left their ankle braclet tags on from the hospital for a long time so she could tell them apart, then she pierce their ears with different earrings ... I still cant tell them apart some times. We are excited for all these exciting things happening in your life!

Keri said...

The best comment I heard yet is still, "Identical Twins! I hope one is a boy and one is a girl." Priceless!!! I'm still laughing over that one.

chris w said...

Best.Doctor.Ever! I hope it helps you. So glad the little nuggets are doing well!!

4wheelschick said...

i thought i would get tired of going to the doctor, ultrasounds, etc, but I loved them for the same reason you said. It is comforting to hear each heart beat, to see them developing well, to see how much space they actually have in that little belly. You would think they would just be smashed, but when they measure the "extra" space they have, its not too bad. I'm glad they are looking good. Sorry you aren't feeling better yet. Hopefully that will get better for you. Are your babies the same size?

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you Becky! I'll be praying you are able to keep food down and keep those headaches at bay.

I look forward to your next updates.

Jim and Vanessa said...

IDENTICAL TWINS! I am SO excited. Leaving the hospital band on sounds like a fantastic idea. I always get a little worried it hurts their ankles, but it really doesn't, and in this case probably necessary! As I said before, yep I can make booties. And if you're having boys, there're actually little boy one's too, I just haven't attempted them yet. Congrats Becky! I hope they're girls, so Cait'll sisters since you already have 2 boys.