Friday, April 29, 2011

My Birthday!!!!

5 years ago I got a birthday present that can not be topped. I started to go into labor with Landon. The best gift was knowing that baby was coming out. We didn't end up sharing a birthday but it was close enough.

Anyway, this years birthday my cute Brenten would ask me days in advance, "who's birthday is in 3 days" And would have the sweetest smile. He gets as excited for our birthdays as he does his own. I try to tell Christian not to bother with a cake because we have one for Landon's birthday the next day. But he always does.

He felt bad for me this year. I have had morning sickness, and then yesterday morning I woke up with the stomach flu and I had already had a migraine that I couldn't get rid of. I went to work. I don't even know why. I made it until 2 and then left.

I got home and Cait was asleep and the boys were so good so I got almost a 3 hour nap in. And then I moved to the couch. I can't say I did a whole lot of anything. Tash and Malyssa came over and brought me a cute birthday bowl of goodies. I love it and can't wait to eat some. And then the kids and Christian had mac n cheese. I told Christian I wanted a rain check on my birthday dinner for when I could eat it. After dinner they brought me in my cake and they all sang. So cute. Even Cait gets into it. And then they each gave me their presents. Christian got me a new watch and I love it and the boys got me a frame and a level. The joke is that I never measure or level my pictures I just put in a nail and if it doesn't look good I take it out and try again.

I took a bath. and laid around and got to pick all the tv shows because as Brenten put it " You can do what ever you want. Its your birthday". He even told Cait no Dora cause it isn't her birthday.

I love my sweet family. They make my day even when I feel crummy.

5 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

I am so sorry you were sick on your birthday, but at least your sweet family helps make up for it!

Genevre said...

What is wrong with hanging a frame that way? What does a level do anyway? :)
I am glad you had some sunshine on an otherwise miserable sounding day.

4wheelschick said...

Your family is too fun! I hope you get feeling better soon. I forgot how I would be so hungery, but then when i would get the food in front of me, i would eat 5 bites and be sooo full I couldn't eat any more. I soon learned to graze. It would take me a good 3 hours to eat a meal.

Jim and Vanessa said...

I totally hang my pictures that way! I don't think it's a big deal because honestly I've gotten pretty good at guessing where it should go=). And, I think it's too cool your babies are due 11/11/11, I hope you have them that day. I'm going to school in Health Science and Exercise and Sports Science. I kindof want to work in a gym maybe twice a week once the kids get a little older as a trainer, or on a college sports team, we'll see. It is hard though, I can't wait for Jim to get back. It's mostly so hard for Braden! Poor boy. I hope you're feeling better! Birthday's are no fun sick.

Terra said...

So cute! No "Dora" is the best present any mom could ever get! Hope you start feeling better soon.