Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Did you Die?


My Caitlin asks me every time she gets up and sees that I am in my workout clothes if I went to the gym or running.  If it is running, she will ask who I went with and how I did.  She has now learned, if the who is Becky Anderson she will follow with, "Did you die"?  I tell her YES but I hope one day I won't. 

Today was a run with Becky Anderson Day.  I can't say I died.  It was hard but I think it was supposed to be.  I also got another PR.  We ran 5.5 miles and the pace was 8min 15sec.  

Cait is starting to pick up a few of my local running things.  Mostly because she is showing interested.  When ever she comes home from preschool I ask her what she did, what she learned, her favorite part, etc. When we go out she asks where I run to when I go running so I have shown her where some of the trails start.  
There is a housing development at one of the, used to be trail heads.  When they first started it, Caitlin must have heard me sigh.  After that, she has commented each time we drive by,  "Mom isn't that the worst that they ruin the places you like to run."  I never really thought of myself as an environmentalist but please don't build on all the trails. 





No comments: