Monday, September 23, 2013

Some more running

I have had a few more runs, but Saturday's was by far my most exciting.  I went out with people who were way out of my league.  They have the ability to run so much faster than I do.  They were nice enough to let me run with them and they already had it planned to not be one of their fastest days.

I started out great with them.  About 4 miles in I thought,  hmm I wonder how long I can keep this pace.  We got to 5 and I thought we would be turning around and we kept going.  I thought oh no.  But I was doing ok.  It was hard but I was alright.  Becky and Jenni were doing just fine.  I think it was a breeze for them.  We turned around at mile 6.  Whew.  On the way home and about 3 miles left.  I was tired, and my knee was getting tight. But I did make it.

I hope they let me tag along on a few more of their runs.  Maybe one of these days they will even be able to throw in some hills.

We ended up with a 12 mile run.  It took us 1 hour 43min and 23 sec.  The average pace is 8min 36 sec per mile.

No comments: