Monday, September 16, 2013

Running

Today I hit one of my personal bests on my early morning runs.  I ran 6.3 miles in 52 min and 53 sec.  That is a pace of 8 min 23 sec people.  I am so excited.  I have been running a little over 8 1/2 min miles. This took quite a bit of time off.

I will start sharing a little more about my running on here.  Mostly because I am not on Strava. I am one of the last people on earth without a smart phone. I have heard that I can enter it manually on  there but then it doesn't really count as real scores to beat other people's scores.  In my mind, if my time doesn't count to  beat anyone then what is the point.  Yes I am a brat, I know.  Really that is what I would use strava for I think, for tracking running and for pushing myself against other people.

So sorry if this bores you.  You can skip any/all of my running posts.  Like most of my posts, this is mostly for me.

My run today I felt pretty good.  It was 58 degrees.  I usually start just after 5 am. There was lightening but it was off in the distance.  I was running on the bike trails or on the road so I had my phone, my head lamp, my mace, my gu and water.

My goal as of late, has been to get my pace anywhere under 8 min 30 sec miles.  I would even take 8 min 29 sec.  So when I figured out today's average when I got home and I felt I tried very hard but I wasn't completely dead I was so excited.  This is a complete victory.

If any runners read this...I have had this issue with my head lamp.  It is so annoying.  I have short hair so I don't wear it up and it is warm so I don't have a head band on.  Without a head band on my head lamp slide right down when I run.  I literally have a 3rd eye.  What I have resorted to is is wrapping the strap around my hand and just holding it.  Which is working but it would be nice to be hands free again for my light to not be all over the place with my arm swing.

I suppose if no one has a solution it will soon be cooler in the morning (too cold too soon) and then I will need more than my head band.

1 comment:

Mandie said...

I am excited about your run, that is awesome!!! On the headlamp issue. I have a small head so I get the third eye too so I have resorted to wearing a running baseball cap when I have to have the headlamp. works great.