Monday, September 23, 2013

little funny things

Kids really say the funniest things.  I wish I would have written more of them down. I love to just listen.

At breakfast the other day..

Caitlin:  I had the worst nightmare last night.  It was so scary.
Landon:  That was because I stole your Dream.  I dreamt about My Little Ponies.
Caitlin:  Quit stealing all my good dreams Landon.  That isn't nice.
(I had to explain that it was a joke and that he couldn't have taken any of her good dreams)


Brenten had a friend over and they were talking about Indians. (Feathers not Dots)

Cooper: Your mom has met a real live Native American?
Brenten: Yes, she went to school with them back when she was a kid a LONG time ago.
Cooper: REALLY?
Brenten: And every year she went to where they lived and had fry bread and Salmon.

(Um...Cooper you are part Native American. A very small part. I didn't mention it though.  I just giggled)


Me: Cait I got an email from your soccer coach.  Are you excited?
Cait:  Yes.  What is my coaches name?
Me: Joe.  Coach Joe.
Cait:  Great.  I like to kiss boys named Joe.  I like to kiss boys and then kick them.
Me:  CAIT
Cait:  Mom don't worry.  I will only kick them when we play soccer.


Cait:  I will never be 12 like Kaylee.  (referring to when she can start to wear makeup)  This is a comment made at least once a week.


Cait:  When will I get a baby in my tummy?
Me:  When you are 35.
Cait:  HUMPH.  I will never be that old.
Brenten:  Thank goodness Mom will never have one in her belly ever again.  RIGHT MOM.  The doctor said.

Me:  Landon didn't you just take a shower? How come your toe nails are still all dirty?  Didn't you wash your feet at all?
Landon:  I'm sure water ran over them.
Me: Landon that is gross.  You need to wash your feet with soap.
Landon:  That's a boy's life.
Landon again:  Maybe you should just trim my toe nails then I don't have to worry about it.

(Why ARE boys so gross)

Caitlin after her first day of soccer practice:  I didn't kiss or scratch anyone.  (VICTORY)

Caitlin: Why does Dad always put snaggles in my hair?  I think he does it when he sings my song at night.  It is so rude.  (We tell her it is the opposite spouse that put snaggles in.  If I have to do her hair it is Christian's fault.  If he is doing her hair it is my fault.  Caitlin has decided it is ALWAYS Christian's fault. Backfire since Christian is the one who started all this nonsense.)


Caitlin after her soccer game:  Mom you need to always keep your eyes one me (she points her two fingers at my eyes to hers) so you don't miss any of the awesomeness.

Brenten a couple of weeks ago was telling the Landon..It is the law, you can't hit girls.  You will get arrested or something.
Landon: Okay I get that but what about Caitlin, Can she hit girls?  
Brenten:  I don't really know.  I mean she will have to do time out but I don't think it is illegal.  I think that is grey.

Landon came home from school on Friday saying school was hard because his work was hard.  Brenten told him..that is what Weaver's do.  We hike hard things, we climb hard things, we run hard things, we do hard homework.  That is what we do.  You should get used to it.   (Maybe he does listen to me)


3 comments:

Jim and Vanessa said...

I should glance at your blog more often, for running motivation if nothing else. But Jim was with me when I looked at this and we are gutlaughing, those kids are so funny!

Megan Goates said...

I laughed all the way through this. Cait especially kills me!

swilkie12 said...

I love your kids! They say the funniest thing!!