Monday, January 10, 2011

Great to be 8

Sorry this is more for me and my memories.

We had the opportunity to take Brenten to Great to be 8 at the stake center last night. It is so strange to see Brenten and all his friends old enough to be attending things like this. We were about 1/2 way through Brenten looked up at me and asked "am I getting baptized today" he was so excited. I almost felt bad telling him no. Then we got to walk around and see what they will wear when they are baptized and where they will be baptized and then Christian and Brenten got cake while I served cake. Christian told me later their little conversation.

Brenten "I felt the Holy Ghost today"
Chrsitian "Oh yah what did it feel like"
Brenten thought for a minute and then said "I don't know"
Christian "Did it feel hot or cold"
Brenten "Hot or warm and then my heart beat really fast"

I am so excited for Brenten to have more and more feelings of the Lord in his life.

5 comments:

chris w said...

That is the sweetest. His conversations with Christian made me cry. He's such an awesome kid.

The Reimers Family said...

That is such a cool time in a kid's life. Brenten is such a good, sweet boy. I love it when your children say things that let you know that they are gaining their own little testimony.

Keri said...

That is to precious. What a good boy your raising.

Haley said...

So awesome and such a sweet conversation!I can't believe you have an almost 8 year old!

Genevre said...

Wow! I can't believe his is old enough, or you are old enough to have an almost 8 year old, it sneaks up on you.