Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Please tell me the gym at 6am is a good idea

Usually I have things ready to go and have a much better morning at the gym, but not today. This is how this morning went.

5:20 am alarm didn't go off (come to find out one cute little girl played with it yesterday)
5:30 left for the gym
6:00 at the gym and go to the cinema room to run.
I ran 4 miles and then my knee cramped up and I had to stop a couple of times. I get another mile in and then the treadmill makes a weird sound and yep I broke it. The belt or what ever came off track and I about fell off. Let me tell you it was NOT graceful. So I give up.
I went out to lift weights only to find that the size I wanted wasn't there. I did some other weights and then went to go shower.
I get out of the shower to realize that I forgot my towel. I looks around thinking what am I going to do because I am dripping wet. So I had to use my sweaty gym pants. It was gross and they are not very absorbent. I started getting dressed only to realize that I forgot clean socks. So I had to go without. It was so gross. I guess at least my feet were clean but still. So that was my day at the gym.

I did still get a good workout in but wow it did not run smoothly. Maybe I could have used that extra hour of sleep.

5 comments:

Keri said...

Becky, I'm laughing so hard. I can totally picture you running on the tredmill as the belt comes loose. I'm glad you didn't biff it on your face.
And your sweaty pants towel, grrrosss. That was too funny.

The Reimers Family said...

It is soooooo worth it! Crappy/Hilarious days like that will be few and far between. Keep it up Hot Mama!

Genevre said...

Such a funny and sad story! It made me laugh, and glad I didn't go to the gym. Work out for me too okay?!

kitty said...

Hilarious!

Jim and Vanessa said...

Um, hilarious story! Bt yes, still so worth going to the gym... except fordrying with sweaty unabsorbent gym pants. That's really bad! How is everything? We areenjoying denver, and I told gym he better appreciate me!