Thursday, September 1, 2011

IVF

It is funny when you are pregnant and all of a sudden you body becomes the topic of discussion. When people normally would never tell a woman she is huge or any of the comments that are free game while pregnant. Twins are no different and because I have started showing so early, the comments have been coming for a while. My rational, level headed self knows that this is just what people do and that they care or are curious or whatever. But I don't think it is a secret that I am not level headed or rational right now. To strangers it is easy, I usually just tell them I am due in November or December (I am due in Nov. ) and then fail to mention that there are two and walk away. They look so shocked at how huge I am. Whatever, I should get to be a brat to complete strangers. It is a little harder when comments come from people I know since I am still trying to hold back some of my comments. ( I think I am very funny, but really I think I will probably come across as a grouchy hormonal pregnant lady.)

I have looked on a couple of twin boards online and one common annoyance is people asking if they used invetro (IVF) to get pregnant. I guess I never thought about it. My first thought was that they were just being sensitive. Their complaint was its none of your business how I got pregnant. Okay they have a point but really is it that big of a deal. To me no not really. However, last night I was at Brenten's soccer game and a lady (who I didn't know ) asked if we used IVF. I really didn't mind answering but I was taken back a little. It really isn't any of her business how we conceived. And if we were a couple who perhaps has struggled with fertility this could be a little bit more than annoying.

6 comments:

Genevre said...

Why would anyone want to know? I have never thought of that question...and I think you should live up this pregnancy--no regrets right...be the hormonal crazy women, it will give you a good laugh later at night when you want to cry from lack of sleep :)

debra said...

As a very curious person, I always want to know. But as the mom of two not twin girls, it does get annoying explaining to every one how we ended up with two babies. So, now I try to contain myself. I'm sure you'll have to be telling everyone for the rest of your life whether or not they were ivf since they're fraternal. And some probably won't believe you!

chris w said...

I double dog dare you to start saying the things you have been holding back. Pretty please.
People already think of me as the grouchy one in the neighborhood and I'm not carrying two people inside of me. They'll give you lots of free reign. :)
Those of us that know how awesome you are will appreciate the humor.

The Thackers said...

I think you should answer next time..."no, we did it the 'old fashioned rock the bed' way...much more enjoyable than IVF!" haha!!! ROFL!!! I want to hear some of your comments!!! :D Please oh please!!! haha

4wheelschick said...

oh just wait until the kids are born...the annoying comments continue...like..."are they twins?" lol...seriously "are they twins?"...unless it was like debra, or you are babysitting someone elses baby....I guess. I was so exausted right after they were born I was too tired to think....

The problem with people talking to you, if you say twins they have the tenancy to want to talk about it...yeah really never felt like talking to anyone but my family or friends.

Keri said...

Geee, you never hold back what you think from me. lol Maybe cause you have to have someone you can be completely honest with. And I find it hilarious!