Thursday, June 21, 2012

Can we play tomorrow?

I just didn't want to forget this.  We have been trying to spend a lot of quality time with the kids this summer.  I can get into work early so I can leave a little earlier.  We will try to go do things.  Most of the times they are just small things. It has been very positive for all of us.   Caitlin has been pretty clingy lately but she has been much better behaved since I have been the one tucking her in at night.  It is our quality one on one time.  It isn't split with any of the other kids or things that I need to get done.  It's interesting because I don't even spend that much time in there.  I just go in, get her in bed, sing one song, give her a kiss and she reminds me to shut the closet door so she won't trash her room.  For the last week or so, she has been asking me each night.  Mom, can I play with you again tomorrow when you get home.  I say "of course" and she gets a giant smile on her face and says good night.  I love that she is excited to play with me when I get home from work.  I would have thought this would make me happy but really it just makes it harder knowing it is a big deal to her that I am gone all day.   I just have to remind myself that this is temporary.  One day I will get to spend so much time with them that they will be sick of me.

1 comment:

Megan Goates said...

Sometimes the best moments are memorable because they are bittersweet. You're such a great mom, Becky.