Thursday, August 9, 2012

Torn Esophagus

The other night was a rough night to say the least.  I had felt a migraine coming on for a couple of days but really I felt I had it under control.  Monday I went to work and I felt totally out of it.  My back was so tight I couldn't breath deep.  Tightness is normal for me when I get migraines but this was so much worse.  I learned early on with these migraine business that you just can't let them get you down.  Just keep moving through them.  So I did.  I finished work and then I met up with Christian, and we had to go to Midvale to sign closing papers to refinance our house.  And then we had to go straight to softball double header.  At this point I wasn't really feeling it but oh well too late to get a sub.  So I played and not very well.  I guess I fielded well but I batted horribly.  I even struck out. 

So after the game our team usually goes out for ice cream...Kind of a treat for the kids since they were good while we were playing our game.  We were going to go but then everyone else got held up and that is when I decided I needed to go home.  So we bought the kids milkshakes on the way home and we left.

We got almost all the way home when we realized that we had forgotten my car that was at the park n ride lot by the freeway.  grrr.  So we had to turn around. 

By the time we got home, I was dead.  Christian took care of the the kids and everything else.  I took a shower and then started puking and puking.  Then I was puking up blood.  That isn't usually a good sign.  This lasted the entire night.  Then I was dizzy so every time I would move or roll over I would puke again.  I know attractive right.  Finally about 7 am it stopped but my head was pounding and my throat was killing me.  I was too out of it to move let alone call into work.  Finally I made my way downstairs around 10 and I crashed out there. 

My dr. office is awesome and got me in the early afternoon.  My main concern was that I have the EPIC relay race this weekend.  I needed to feel better.  At the dr. office, I had lost 6lb in a couple of days.  Not Good, even though I would love if that was real weight loss and not just water weight.   The verdict is....I had a migraine that went really bad.  So Migraine made me nauseated and I puked but then acid came up into my ears (I have already been having ear problems so this added to it) and made me more dizzy....more puking. 

Very Violent Puking = torn esophagus.  I mean really who tears their esophagus.  Torn esophagus= very sore throat. 

So at the dr office they gave me two bags of iv fluids, anti nausea meds, some steroids, and some pain killers.  Two hours later I left. 

Now I am taking previcid to make sure no acid gets into my throat so it can heal.  Which will take about 8 weeks.  But I should be doing much better in a few days.

And as soon as my race is over, I go on a new migraine prevention medication.  We will see how it goes.  Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Holy Cow woman. Only you. Seriously who else would have all that happen to them! Aren't you so lucky. Let me know if you you need anything.

Brittany said...

That is horrible!! I am so sorry. I hope you recover quickly and that your new medicine will work.
Your Zion trip looked fun! And I can't believe your babies are already 9 months. Time flys! Hope you enjoy your last weeks of summer. See you soon.

Haley said...

Oh my word! What a story! So sorry. What a woman you are!

4wheelschick said...

Hey lady! These are things you should call your sister about. I'm glad I cm your blog every once in a while.