Friday, August 6, 2010

Kolob part 1


So we went up the cabin this past weekend. Well we went up on Wednesday after work and had a long weekend. It was great. There is no electricity, no tvs, radios and no cell phone. We do have propane fridge and stove/oven and we have toilet and shower. Our water is mountain spring water. We should bottle it and sell it. It is so good. I went running the first morning and I swear I almost ran into a buck. It was crazy. He and I stopped about 7 feet away from each other. I about peed my pants and I think the deer was shocked to see me out there. Besides being scared it was so cool. We see all kinds of little animals. I saw a doe on the way back on my run. Landon had a momma turkey and 5 baby ones walk in front of him when we were out walking. We also saw squirrels, chipmunks, California condors (only about 100 living), lots of other birds, varments, snakes, fish. I am sure I am missing some.

1 comment:

swilkie12 said...

Deffinately don't get to see those at home! They sound some what fearless at least the turkeys, the deer just sounded surprised.