Thursday, June 30, 2011

20 week ultra sound

I had the big 20 week ultrasound yesterday. They are definitely a boy and a girl. The babies looked great and are growing well. That is always a relief. The boy is sitting breach still and girl (A) is head down. Essential the boy is sitting on the girls head. I told the doctor if her head is all squished when she comes out it will be his fault. He assured me she wouldn't have a squished head. Because the boy is sitting on the girl's head we couldn't get a very good profile picture. His placenta kept going in front of her. Just another thing to add to why I think little boy is going to be a stinker.

We talked about whether to try for vbac or c section. He said if I really felt strongly I could try. I am anti surgery but at this point I have a few too many risks and am more comfortable with a c section.
1. The boy is breech (which could still change). And if I hadn't had a c section before they they would just turn him after the girl came out but with my scar turning him is a little more dangerous on my uterus.
2. With twins my stomach will get freakishly huge and they just have no idea of how that scar is or how the stretching will wear on my uterus.
3. Kind of the big one at this point is one of the placentas is looking like it could be growing over my old c section scar. They will watch this and recheck it again in 4 weeks and in 8 weeks to see if the placenta moves. If not, then when I deliver I will require a hysterectomy. Kind of crappy but at least they can watch for it and do what they need to do. We are trying not to worry about it until we know for sure if it is even going to be a problem.

I have my next ultrasound in 4 weeks and we will see what happens from there. Oh and Christian is proud of himself because he again made my ob laugh. It was a little funny I guess. I will have to give him this one.

4 comments:

Wheat Family said...

WooHoo!!! Hang in there! I'm sure everything will work out great!

Mom Hodgson said...

We will keep you in our prayers.

Genevre said...

More then half way! That is so exciting. It sounds like you are doing awesome-no suprise there- Good luck getting prepared for these two!

Jenni said...

"just another reason why the boy is going to be a stinker" LOL I love it. Glad everything is healthy and going well.