Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More stuff I can't do!!!!--18 weeks

I had another doctor's appointment. One cool thing about twins is everytime you go to the doctor's before 20 weeks you get an ultrasound. It isn't in detail. Actually it is really fast. He just checks the heartbeat of each and then makes sure they are still measuring well. Good news!!! They look great.

I understood and was warned that I wouldn't be able to do as much this time around. I get that but it seems the dates I was thinking or were given have not been realistic enough. I had to quite soccer a few weeks before the end of the season. I just couldn't run like that and worried about taking a shot to the stomach (which has happened, before I was pregnant). I had to give it up at about 10 weeks when I thought I could have made if through the first trimester. Christian got me kicked off the softball team 3 games and a tourney before the end of the season. Okay I understand most of you are on his side but I don't care. In my mind I had already said I would play the first season and then I would have to sit out the second season. In my other pregnancies I played until about 8 months pregnant. And didn't quit, the summer just ended. I thought I was being realistic.

Yesterday at the doctor's appointment I was told that I can't travel anymore. Okay wait, I can travel but I have to stop every 30 minutes to walk around and then I can't drive because well, I need to be able to fairly constantly move my foot and leg around. I believe there some other rediculous stipulations but I pretty much tuned him out at that point. So essentially he told me no. I was told that after 20 weeks I wouldn't be able to travel. But I figured I had 2-3 more weeks. So I had a trip to Boise and St. George planned. Both foiled. I am trying to tell myself that stay-cassions are very in right now. I told Christian we will have to do some fun little things around here.

He wasn't useful for any of my symptoms (they never are) and ended the visit with, "good thing these were your last ones because well it is easier to stop after a really hard pregnancy and hard babies then after an easy pregnancy and a good baby. And well even if your babies are good there will be two so it will be hard. " Who says this. I know he was trying to be a little funny and light-hearted about it all because he knew I could have kept him in there a long time complaining. I do actually like him and my sense of humor is similar (if I weren't so grouchy).

That all said the babies are doing great and that is really all that matters. I just have to make it 4 more months and that really isn't that long. And a bonus is I am feeling them move a lot more consistently now and I can usually tell which baby is where. That is really cool.

4 comments:

chris w said...

You call me and complain for as long as you want whenever you need it. I think for you being told you can't do things is way worse than having some hard physical symptoms. So, you are having a REALLY hard pregnancy right now. At least you don't have to sit through 2 hour meetings anymore. ;) (Although it would have been really funny to hear you tell them you needed to go out and walk around because you had hit your sitting time limit.)

Jenni said...

So you really can't drive yourself anywhere? I would be so mad! After my csections I couldn't drive for weeks and I would get so annoyed!

Brittany said...

Crazy!! I don't blame you for complaining. Its hard enough being pregnant, but to have restrictions would be miserable. Hopefully your summer goes by quickly and you can do some fun stuff around here. Hang in there!! :)

Haley said...

Glad they're doing well and glad you have Christian to keep you doing what you should, and shouldn't.