Thursday, June 16, 2011

more doctors - 18.5 weeks

I had my 2nd appointment this week yesterday. Tuesday afternoon my heart rate went up into the 90's while sitting at my desk. I got all hot and felt like I was breathing all loud. I called the nurse after an hour and she was going to call me back. She called me back about an hour and a half later. At that time things were good again and heart rate back in the 60's. I told her what had happened but that I was feeling much better. She was nervous and asking if I had been to a cardiologist. Just enough to make me nervous. She set up an appointment for me the next afternoon. Yesterday afternoon, I went in and got another ultrasound and the babies looks great. He said that because my uterus is the size of 30 weeks pregnant (with one) that any one position for too long, (sitting or standing) will cause the blood to pool to my legs and then my heart will pump harder and faster to get more blood back up. Makes sense. So now at work I get up at least every 30 minutes to walk around and if it gets really bad then go to my car and lay down for a minute or two. Wow this is a whole new experience I am having with these little guys.

Oh side note, today I felt baby B (boy) and baby A (girl) move big enough that I could feel it on the outside of my stomach. Of course by the time I got home they were not moving at all so Christian has yet to feel them. Soon enough I am sure.

3 comments:

The Thackers said...

Glad everything turned out okay!!! Keep those babies cookin'!!

Terra said...

Hang in there! I'm sure it's gone by quicker for everyone else but I can't believe you're already half way. Wahoo!

Genevre said...

Wow twin pregnancy really is a whole new league- i am so excited for you two!