Sunday, July 6, 2008

Carrot Cake Recipe

So I made this cake for one of my friend's family get togethers after her son's blessing. It is one of my favorite recipes. My mom used to make it for me on my birthday. So really it is her recipe. But I still love it and it is pretty fool proof. So at the get together I was asked to post the recipe.

Blend-
-2 c flour -1 3/4 c sugar
-2 tsp baking powder -1 tsp salt
-2 tsp baking soda -2 tsp cinnamon

Add-
-1 1/4 c oil -4 eggs

Add-
-3 c shredded carrots - 1 c walnuts (optional)

Mix together and then put in 13x9 greased pan. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes. (until toothpick comes out clean)

I use a cream cheese frosting. Putting a few walnuts in the frosting is yummy too.

-6oz cream cheese
-1/2 c butter
-2 tsp vanilla
-4 1/2 -4 3/4 c powdered sugar

mix well and frost onto cooled cake.

2 comments:

christy said...

Yum, yum!!! I will vouch for this recipe it was very good. Even my vegetable hating 11 year old loved it. He made a mad dash for the last piece. Thanks for sharing Becky.

Your favorite sister said...

I love carrot cake.Thanks for the recipe!