Thursday, July 24, 2008

Physiology lesson from Brenten

So Brenten has been very curious lately and you can tell he is really thinking things through. I got my first ultrasound on Monday and so Brenten wanted to see the baby. So he held the ultra sound picture and stared at it for the longest time. I asked him if he could see where the baby was and he nodded his head and kept staring. So I asked him if he was sure he could see it and he again nodded his head. Finally he asked, "So there is a hole in your stomach?" I wasn't sure how to answer. The response of the baby is in a sack of water and the black part is the water has worked for now.

Then yesterday he played with his friend. As soon as his friend left, he informed me that after he eats food it comes out his butt. Then he continued with he eats food and it turns into stink and then comes out his bum, and if he has a drink then it comes out as pee. I laughed a little but he is slowly learning how his little body works.

I can't wait for the many other questions to come.

4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

You are pregnant!!??!!?? Holy cow!!!! Congrats!

Genevre said...

Your pregnant!? I never knew! Maybe when I am I will just announce it on the world wide web too. Congrats!

Terra said...

Hi Becky! I saw your link from Anna's and had to come check it out. Your family is too cute! Congrats on your third! I had no idea. Kids are so funny! They figure it all out sonner or later, right!?! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Haley said...

That conversation could have taken a very interesting turn. Sounds like you handled it great!