Sunday, May 16, 2010

San Fransisco

This last weekend was great. I got to see my brother get married to a great lady. I am so excited she is in our family now and that I will get to know her better. Christian was awesome and let me go by myself and he took care of the kids. (He would have come but he couldn't due to work) We also have to say thanks to the 4 families that helped out with the kids and getting me to the airport. Thanks for all the support. Hopefully I will have pictures soon.

It was a crazy fast weekend. I got there Friday afternoon along with my parents and met up with Brian. They had a parents dinner planned so I hung out with a couple of his friends, who were so great and after 10 minutes you wouldn't even know that we were strangers. (Maybe it was the Texan accents) We hit a shop in San Fransisco and then I we headed up to the Giants baseball field. We had dinner and then met up with a bunch of my family and Jessica's family and watched a little baseball. It was COLD. but we had so much fun. I don't get to see my siblings very often. It was great to hang out with them.

Saturday we went for breakfast and realized that our car was broken. 3 HOURS LATER we got a rental car. Ah, it took forever, but I did get a nap in. We did get back to the hotel in time to get ready and to get to the Oakland temple.

Brian is typically very private with his relationships. I always joked that we would know that he was dating someone when he got engaged. It was almost true. It was so fun to see him so happy and holding hands and being affectionate. And Jessica looks so pretty. Just perfect. After the temple we did pictures and then we went to Pal Alto for dinner. It was awesome. We had a 5 course meal outdoors. They didn't do a reception. I can't even explain how great it was to see my brothers and sisters together. We just had one sister of the 7 of us who didn't make it. I wish she was there.

After the dinner we went back to the hotel and then I hit the gym. Our hotel was so nice and had a great work out center.

I ran my best time. I ran 6 miles in 51 minutes. I was so impressed with myself. That is about 8 1/2 minute miles. I am sure part of it was that I was at sea level and I am guessing another part was mental because I was thinking that I should breath better because we were at sea level.

Sunday we got up had breakfast and headed to the airport. Luckily the plane came in 10 minutes early so it meant I got to hang out with Christian for 20 minutes in the airport. He left for Minnesota for the week.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great time Becky! Was Peggy or Amy not able to make it? I bet you missed whichever one couldn't come.

swilkie12 said...

I wish we could have gone it sounds like it was amazing! Did you take any pictures???

swilkie12 said...

I would love if you passed those pictures on!!!