Monday, May 24, 2010

Strep Throat

We have Strep running through our house again. I am so frustrated. I don't think of myself as a dirty person but maybe I need to re evaluated that. I really thought I cleaned quite a bit. Now my dishes are not always done before I go to bed but I vacuum/sweep/mop at least twice a week. I clean our bathrooms weekly. All bedding gets washed twice a month. I feel like I am constantly cleaning something up. ( the life of having 3 kids and a hubby) But maybe it isn't enough. I am again, cleaning bedding, towels, and disinfecting the whole house all while being sick. This winter has done me in. I need the snow to go away so maybe I can open some windows and all the germs can fly out.

We went to the doctor today for the receptionist to ask me my address or anything has changed and I said nope we are consistent. She said, that you are. You are even consistent in coming in. I think that is a sign that we are there way too much. Sometimes doctors recognize you but I almost feel like we could invite ours and his nurse, Kelly, to a family function now. Oh and I was informed that we need to think about getting Landon into the ENT because his tonsils touch together they are so huge. I know it would help him but really. I don't think I can handle giving our ENT any more money. I want them to be healthy and doing well, but all I see is the dollar signs floating away into someone doctor's kids' college fund.

So at my house, we are banning all illnesses. That's it. I think I have to take a stand and we are just refusing to get sick anymore. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

kitty said...

Girl I hear you! Last week we had six visits to the doctor in 7 days. No joke. Me twice, Trev twice, Livy once and Abby broke her arm. It's so fun to hear that your bill is climbing by the minute.

Good luck getting over strep. Maybe someone in your family is a carrier.???

Jenni said...

Awe don't get down on yourself. I don't think it has anything to do with cleaning to be honest. Kids pick up germs everywhere. We try really hard to keep Preston germ free but he has had like 3 colds within the last 3 months and the stomach flu as well. He always seems to pick up sickness from nursery at church, or playgroups. It can't be helped. We always sanatize the handle on the grocery store carts, wash hands, etc....but he will still get sick just from being a normal kid and being around other kids.

It would just be nice if other parents wouldn't freaking take their kids to church or playgroup if they are even slightly sick. It's so annoying and thoughtless.

I hope you all get feeling better soon. Strep throat is awful :(

The Reimers Family said...

Are you seriously questioning your housekeeping skills? It's not you, Becky! Are they still going to the gym with you? Maybe it's the shopping cart that every baby in the world sucks on. We can try, but there is no fool proof way of keeping our kids away from germs. Hopefully yall will get better soon and have a nice break from your sickbeds! You poor thing!

Genevre said...

Good luck. I'm not a DR but my uncle just retired as a ENT. He always told me when your kids get sick often if is usually their tonsils. See if you can get a buy one get one free??! :) Good luck