Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brenten is 7




I can't believe Brenten is so big...7...am I really that old? In one year we will be baptizing our first kid. So crazy. We had a low key birthday for him but I think he loved it. He got his first pet, Shelly, the hermit crab. He is doing a good job of taking care of her but we realized she is missing one of her legs when we got her so she may have to get traded in. Brenten says he wants to buy another one because Shelly is lonely. So he will probably have another one soon. Our friend, Melinda, and her boys came out to enjoy the fun. Coop and Brenten have been best buddies forever. Or at least about 6 1/2 years. This year Brenten said he wanted a cheese cake for his birthday. I was like are you kidding me. I have never made one so I was a little nervous. So he got online and looked at different picts/recipes and decided he wanted a white chocolate raspberry cheese cake. I don't know if he could have found a harder one. But it turned out delicious. I am thankful for the frozen raspberries in my freezer. that really helped. Thanks Mom.

I love my Brenten. He is growing into the sweetest of boys. I love that he will wink at me when I help in his class and isn't embarrassed (yet) if I say I love you in front of his friends. And more times than not will repeat it. He is so adventurous and love to play any game. He is such a little joker and thinks that he is the funniest kid around. I don't want him to grow up any more.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Brenten! I hope someday to have the privilege to meet you. And, BTW, great choice on the birthday cake-cheesecake or super-deluxe brownies far surpass cake for birthdays.