Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful Theodore


One of my friends does this at her house (thanks Jocelyn) and so we copied her this year and I am pretty sure this will be a tradition from now on. I want my kids to understand all the many blessings we have. Some small and some so big even at a time when we are out of work and may have a little more stress than usual. So I found this little turkey on line and printed him off. His name is Theodore. He is so fun. On every feather for FHE we note all the things we are thankful for. Some are family members, our house, soccer. Landons are ALWAYS food related. But we filled it up pretty fast. Then I am cutting out more feathers and everytime they think of something they are thankful for they can give Theodore more feathers. I am hoping we will have a big fun turkey by the end.

3 comments:

Keri said...

thats a cute idea. Would you want to print 3 extra and we can have the boys make one for pre-school the week of Thanksgiving.

Jen H. said...

Love it! I think we will do a variation of this. Can I have one too?

kitty said...

How did it go?

I was so behind this year that I didn't even get him out.

*sigh