Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Laid Off

Christian gets some unexpected time at home. A little over a week ago he got laid off. YUK!!!! I love having him home and actually we are so busy we don't really see each other that much. Like today, he is at a networking/job search group thing until 4pm. And I believe he has it again on Wednesday. Lets just say it has been a crazy 1 1/2 weeks.

In this time I have had migraines or the lingering effects of the last one, we have lost our insurance and found out COBRA is $1000.00 a month. Okay if you are out of work how can you afford that much $$$ for insurance. Our computer ended up with like 98 viruses or something insane like that. I have had a bout of kidney stones. Probably the hardest was when Brenten asked us on Sunday when we get to go to Christian's super cool work Christmas party and Christian had to remind him that he doesn't work there anymore. Brenten was trying to be big but he was obviously sad and Christian felt so awful.

Even with all the stress of zero income we there are some definite positives. My brother was telling me that he doesn't know anyone who hasn't been laid off. And they have similar comments of enjoy the time off. We are trying. Christian is working so hard to find work. I am glad I don't have to nag him and I am trying to find work also.

That being said.......

Landon is now riding a bike with out training wheels. We think by the end of the week he will be cruising all over on his own. Christian has been going out with him every day to work on it. And then he and Brenten have been going over to the bike park to work on their skills. Unfortunately when it is too wet they can't go. Cait has had a lot of snuggle and one on one time. She loves it. I even got Christian's help to do a little photo shoot of the kiddos.

Aside from not knowing when we will get work, we are excited to see what the future holds for us. Christian has not been enjoying his job for about a year now. I am hoping he can find a job that he can enjoy and will help our family for the future.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry. :( I've been thinking about you guys. Hopefully he will find something soon. Until then put him to work. J/K ;)

Terra said...

Becky, that sucks. I am so sorry. The unknown can be so stressful. Migraines are the worst, too! I am still recoverng from one I had on Sunday. Let me know when you need a break or just send the kids over!

Keri said...

-0- income sucks!!! Been there done that and don't want to go back. my prayers are with you guys.

Jenni said...

I'm sorry to hear about the layoff! We know how it is - Will was laid off 2 months ago and has been job searching ever since. And we don't use Cobra, we got private insurance through Reagance and up until we had baby #2 is was only $280 per month. So way better. Private insurance is the way to go...don't use Cobra.

Good luck with the job search. Even though it sucks, one positive way to look at is is your options are wide open if you ever wanted to move or go elsewhere. That is how I look at it.

Your favorite sister said...

Oh Becky I am so sorry. I hope something turns up soon! The economy is just awful!!

Jen H. said...

First thing David said when he found out was "They better not move!" We have seen Christian out there working with him on the bake, and he was doing so good! Keep up the positive attitude and I know that Lord will provide for you, luv you guys!

Haley said...

Been there, done that, a couple times! When Landon told me about one of the times, I literally threw a marker across the room (not at anyone, just across) Anyway, we've learned a ton, but I really don't envy anything about the situation. Prayers are with you!

Genevre said...

"EVERYONE has to get laid off before they die"- that is offical rule #437 in the book of life. I honestly can't think of very many people that haven't lost a job, but it still hurts...so sorry about that and the kidney stones- ouch!! I do love that you have Harry Potter background!