Wednesday, August 17, 2011

1st trip to the hospital

I am really only blogging about it because this pregnancy I am terrible about keeping a journal and so I am putting on here with anything else pregnancy related. I have been having contractions for some while. Most likely braxon Hicks but they are getting stronger. Yes real labor when you are getting to the end will be more intense. But with having pre term labor with Cait and then the risk being higher with twins it is not something I am willing to play around with.

Yesterday I was having contractions 4 or 5 an hour. I wasn't terribly concerned since this has been happening but then the next hour will slow back to my norm of 2-4 an hour. But then as the time passed I realized that this had been going on for about 4 hours and neither of the babies were active. and at this point I was having them more frequently. Typically they are going crazy in the mornings (just had a dr. pepper). Not the case so I called the nurse and she called me right back. She sent me into the hospital to get monitored for a bit. So off I went. I hung out at the hospital for a few hours. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions. Which seemed to work and she checked me and I am dilated a little less than a one. Not a huge concern but something to watch. And then she did a test. I can't remember the name of it. But it tells me if my cervix is wanting to deliver in the next 2 weeks. It came back negative. Good news. Things were calmed down enough after 3 hours that they sent me home to rest. I am not on bed rest. They said I could go to work the next day but then nothing after that. So Christian's rule of "If its fun Becky can't do it" is in full effect. The doctor wanted me to schedule for Friday and see how things are going. So for now that is the plan.

A little something funny. When I went in they ask all the questions of why you are here, how many weeks, my doctor and all that good stuff. And when I said 27 weeks the nurses all turned and stared. I forgot to mention there were 2 babies. How could I forget? Anyway, when I said they are twins they all looked relieved. I know I'm huge but that really confirmed it.

5 comments:

Genevre said...

Wow! CROSS THOSE LEGS! I am sure by the end of this, you will be so sick of the hospital...hang in there, hope it all goes well

Jenni said...

Haha that is funny about how they reacted when you said 27 weeks. LOL Glad that you are not going into labor yet. Your hubby is funny too...if it's fun Becky can't do it. What is your job by the way?

Keri said...

keep me posted. You know where I am if you need me. Hang in there little ones. mommy needs more time and you 2 need to cook a little longer.

chris w said...

He better not count going to Wingnutz with your friends on that list cause we need to keep you sane. I'm so sorry your uterus thinks it's time to be done but I'm glad your cervix is staying rational. Love you and let's schedule another time asap.

The Thackers said...

WOW! So glad things are still looking okay! I really chuckled about the nurses looking at you because you were 27 weeks! :) At least you are having twins...TONS of people (mostly women) told me how large and miserable I looked when I was pregnant with Cassidy...didn't do much good for my self esteem! Especially since I didn't feel that huge! Oh well...I'm glad your babies are doing great! Hope you all hang in there for a little longer!!