Thursday, August 11, 2011

26 weeks!!

Good News!! Typically by now in my pregnancies my blood pressure is starting to go up. (one of the reasons brenten was an emergency c-section) and also usually I barely pass my glucose test. We are talking by one point or so. With twins, I am more likely to have issues with both of these. Well not so far. My bp is close to what it is when not pregnant. (great) and I was no where close to failing my glucose test. Yeah!!! We are knocking out 2 risk factors with twins. Even my iron is good. Well not great. They say I should be tested again in a few weeks to see if I need to go on a supplement but so far so good. She was really shocked because I guess most who are expecting twins have to go on an extra prescription iron supplement by now.

I made it another two weeks and made it to another doctors appointment. This was my first normal appointment. No ultrasound or anything. Just measure, listen to heart beats and ask questions really fast. Babies seem to be great. Now that I am used to having ultrasounds every time I go in I feel like who could they really know with out one. I have my discomforts but they are all "normal" and they don't effect the babies. My latest annoying symptom is that I have 2 numb hands. Now don't get me wrong, I can feel them, they are just all tingly all the time. The one hand has been like this for over 2 weeks now and the other hand just started 3 days ago. The doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if I end up with carpal tunnel. With all the swelling and fluid that I have and now the fluid is in and around some of my nerves. Good news, is when the babies come out it should go away. Bad news, all I can do is take Tylenol. I now call Tylenol the cure all for nothing when pregnant.

The doctor I saw this time is fine but I think he was pre occupied with something else. It was really weird. He was more than happy to answer questions but when I said that is all he was out of there. He stopped mid sentence and then left and kept walking and immediately got on the phone. I kind of followed him and asked if I was supposed to follow him or what. He didn't even say when I was supposed to come back. The appointment before the other doctor had said when I was supposed to be back in for the next month or so. I just confirmed it with the nurse and left. It was so weird. Oh well. I go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound.

I feel like lately I am the biggest jerk friend ever so sorry if I am acting mean. I really don't mean it. I am hoping one day I will be back to my normal nice self. Please don't let me scare you off.

2 comments:

Elder Tanner said...

I hate when Dr. act that way ... glad things are going good for you though! I want to see ultrasound pictures! I've never seen an ultrasound of twins before.

Jenni said...

I had tingly hands too sometimes when I was pregnant. I've heard that it's kind of common, although it really would only happen to me when I was laying down or asleep.

Glad you are getting further and further along. You need to post a picture! I want to see you prego with twins! :)