Thursday, August 25, 2011

28 weeks 5 days

I had my monthly ultrasound today. With every pregnancy, as soon as I am in the 3rd trimester, I start having issues with the doctors being available. Today was my lucky day for that to start. I left work drove the 30 min to the office and then sat for 20 min and then a nurse came and told me that the dr got called into an emergency c section. So I would have to wait for an hour for him to come back. I figured, even if he saw me in one hour I would end up missing 4 hours of work in the middle of the day. I told them I worked 30 min away so she worked it out that I could come back for a 4pm appointment instead. I still missed 1 1/2 hours of work to not even be seen but he can't really help if he has to go into the surgery. I did ask the nurse if he was really golfing and she laughed and said no. So I left work a little early, (thank goodness they are very understanding) and headed back to the dr.

The ultrasound went well. Both babies are now head down and are looking great. They are only in the 12th percentile, which is pretty little but not too little. We will just continue to watch their growth. They checked the placenta that seemed to be growing into my scar tissue and good news, it isn't anymore. So that means no hysterectomy. Aside from them being little, everything is looking great. I still have to be extra careful to keep my contractions under control, but for now everything looks great. My next goal is to make it to 30 weeks. I'm almost there.

3 comments:

chris w said...

Yay! So glad everything is ok. We need to go use my Wingnutz coupon. :)

Brittany said...

You are such a super woman!! 30 weeks isn't far. Hope things keep going well.

Jen H. said...

Keep it up woman! I saw your sassy new hair, wawhoo! You look great and hope you are feeling that way!