Monday, October 6, 2008

Battle Wounds





Our softball season is over. We will have to wait until next April to play again. Maybe next year we will have a better showing in the tourney. The season went pretty well. We went 4-3 so there is some room for improvement. The tourney was another story. We were done in one night and felt a little reminiscent of Bad News Bears. Next year at least I won't be pregnant. Now if my game doesn't improve I don't know what I will blame it on. We had lots of fun. I wasn't allowed to dive or slide or anything so my battle wounds were kept to a minimum. Christian on the other hand, got beat up in the tourney. Christian usually pitches and every season we play he usually gets some come backers / line drives but he hasn't had anything this year, until the tourney. Some big dude tried to take him out at home and then he had to hard line drives back to him at pitcher. The first one hit him on the foot. He said that he kind of stuck his foot out there at a last effort to stop the ball. So it was a little his own fault. but it was hard and with in a few minutes started to swell up in his shoe. But he just walked it off and kept going. The second on was at the end of our 3rd game of the night and he was hit and on the ground before I even saw the ball hit. It was so hard. He was hit in the chest but from 1st base, where I was, it looked like he was hit in the face. I already figured we would be in the ER all night. It wasn't his face and it was probably the best case scenario possible. After just a few seconds he was back up and pitching again. Even though he got up pretty quick he still had his battle wound. He has a whole ball mark on his chest. At first it was all numb but now he definitely feels it. I added some pictures.

2 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oh my goodness! Poor guy! That looks awful! Ben has definetley recieved his fair share of war wounds!

Unknown said...

'Battered Husband Syndrome' I need an intervention!

"Please Becky, don't hit me beat me any more! I don't want to go back to my cage!"