Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference Weekend

This last weekend was so fun. Probably one of the best ones. I got to see my brother Brian. It has been so long. About 4 years, and I have missed him so much. He made a last minute decision to make a trip up and see me. I don't think he knows how much it means to me. I was so excited when I found out that I immediately called Christian at work. Brian came up Thursday night late and hung out until Sunday morning. Unfortunately we didn't do anything too excited but I had fun anyway. I hope he did. He humored us by coming to watch 4 hours of softball. And then we watched a little BYU football. (I love DVR. I don't know how I lived before) And then we hung out most the of the rest of the weekend watching football and conference. And playing with the boys. Brenten and Landon think he is the best now. Christian says he wished he had more time to visit with Brian. Maybe we will have to make a trip down there sometime.

Christian's family also came up for Conference weekend. Christian and his family were able to get tickets to the Saturday morning session and he and his Dad and brother went to Priesthood session. I was invited but opted to hang out with Brian since we was up for such a short time. They ended up getting great seats. There tickets were the "pink tickets". That means they got to sit in the roped off area up front. They were part of the friends and family of the President. Pretty cool. I think it was a great experience for all of them.

4 comments:

Genevre said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats on the girl! What fun! good luck picking the name.

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a fun weekend. Having family in town is always (or usually :)) a fun thing! Jeremy and I were saying that we would like to have a conference weekend once a month. Just hang out with family, wear pajama's to watch church, etc.

Haley said...

I'm jealous they got such good seat. How awesome to be so close. I am really fortunate to have family so close. I know I take it for granted too often.

The Reimers Family said...

I want a pink ticket, how lucky!