Friday, January 9, 2009

Best Boys

So I haven't been outside except to get the mail. I mostly use it for an escape. However, I have felt so supportive. Our neighborhood, ward, and friends have been fantastic.

My cute boy Brenten has been one of the biggest helps. He does so much more than a 5 year old should have to. He has cleaned bathrooms (toilets too). He has emptied dishwashers and cleaned up the living room. He tells Landon "Mom can't go with you the doctor said". He cleaned up all his toys down in the basement so that I wouldn't fall. He takes all the dirty clothes down to the basement for me so I can at least wash some clothes and then he brings up the clean clothes so I can fold them and then he takes them upstairs to put away or put in our room for later. He feels so big and I am glad that he is happy to do it because it has brought a little sanity to my day. Christian makes a big deal of how much he helps each day and I am sure that is plenty of encouragement for him. Because I feel bad for how much he is doing, he has been playing at friends a lot. so this weekend I think Christian is going to take them to do something fun.

Landon tries to help but mostly he likes to get books for me to read and to snuggle. He also likes to sit with me and watch cartoons. When I tell him it is my turn to pick, he says okay and then when I change the channel he tells me my shows are not good and he likes Tarzan. But really 6 episodes of Tarzan in a row is more than I can handle.

My poor Christian has been so busy. Of course he doesn't complain or even comment on it. But I can tell. After being swamped at work, he comes home and cleans anything else that needs to be down and shovels the snow and then knows I will probably keep him up for part of the night with my figitiness.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful boys. I can't wait until I can get back to being busy and doing it myself.

4 comments:

4wheelschick said...

that is so awesome! It is so hard when you don't really have a choice to be busy and working.

Your favorite sister said...

Oh you do have sweet boys! That is so great that they are taking care of their Mom. When I was on bedrest with Ethan, Harmony would bring me huge stacks of books, and lay down with me to read. :)

I hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy!

Chris and Kat said...

the Tarzan comment goes here.

swilkie12 said...

Your so lucky to have such good guys in your life!