Monday, January 5, 2009

what a weekend

I will start this post with what Brenten told me on Friday.
B: Mom, baby Caitlin is packing and she will be here in 2 days.
Me: oh yah
B: Yep.
Then last night he said
B: Mom, the doctor won't let the baby come but she will be here soon.
Me: Really, what do you think that the baby would need to pack?
B: Every thing Heavenly Father is teaching her and everything he says she needs to do here.
Me: Really, well maybe she will wait a little longer for us.
B: Well she just needs to learn about power lines.

Later that night....the conversation came up again when I was telling Christian what he had said
B: She needs to learn about power lines because she doesn't want to touch them on the way down because the tvs won't work.

I guess we all have prioities and I am sure Heavenly Father is concerned with our tv watching time.

Here is the middle of the story. It just goes to show when your 5 year old tells you a baby is coming in 2 days maybe we should listen. I mean he and Landon said we were having a girl before we even told them we were pregnant.

Saturday night I didn't feel the baby that much but she was moving a little. Then Sunday morning she was not moving at all and she is normally all over the place. So I ate breakfast and downed a dr. pepper. If you know me then you know that was a huge sacrafice to drink a soda. :) Anyway, I lay down on my left side for and hour and still really nothing. So I start freaking myself out and drank another soda and started getting ready for church. By this time maybe she wiggled barely once but I wasn't even certain it was her. So I thought I will go to sacrament where I am always uncomfortable and she always moves a ton then. I go in and sit for 10 minutes and still nothing and then I start freaking myself out and my husband tells me to call the hospital. I do. And they said I needed to come in and get monitored. I thought well we will start the drive in and she will start moving. Nope. This week of course Christian was supposed to be teaching Sunday school and I was supposed to be conducting and doing sharing time in primary so Christian goes around sacrament quietly and hands off my bag for primary and gets his team teacher to teach this week and then off we go.

Long story short. Baby wasn't moving because I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes. So 4 hours later 2 shots to stop the contractions and 1 pee test to make sure I didn't have a urinary tract infection (which I don't) we finally left and I was put on restrictions until next Wednesday. A week and a half until my next doc appointment. The important part is the baby is doing great and once they got the contractions to slow down she started moving like crazy and her heart beat was great the whole time. Whew!!!

To make the story better, Sunday night Landon starts throwing up. and is now camped out on the couch with his puke bowl and sprite.

I have to say how awesome our ward is. I mean when your husband is up moving around during sacrament and I leave 10 minutes after getting there, I guess it was kind of obvious something was up. But we have had so much support and we are so thankful for all of your concern.

Brenten has been my biggest helper. He went and cleaned up the basement so if I had to go down I wouldn't trip on his toys and since Landon was sick we ran(drove) to the gas station and Brenten went in and told the lady we needed sprite for his brother and then he got me a soda. Isn't he the sweetest. He thinks he is so big and I am amazed at how big of a help he is. The lady said he was a big helper so she gave him and Landon a sucker. So it was totally worth it to him and I didn't have to compromise walking around too much or trying to carry Landon in the store.

12 comments:

Jenni said...

Haha I know your blog wasn't meant to sound funny but the way you wrote it made me laugh. I'm glad that you and the little baby are all right. :) And yes, it sounds like you should listen to your boys. Hahaha. I can't believe you were having contractions every 5 min and didn't know it???

The Reimers Family said...

Kids have a 6th sense with those things, Carson knew Olivia was a girl too. I'm glad you are doing ok, stay down and call me i you need something!!!

4wheelschick said...

Your family is helarious!! I'm glad you were alright too. I thought you were going to say you had the baby. Brenten is too cute. I'm sure he had a hoot getting drinks for everyone.

chelseareeve said...

Becky, that is so scarey...I was talking to Mel today and she told me you were on bedrest. I am so sorry, but I am so glad that you are ok. You are like one of those super moms that does everything, so I am sure just kickin it in bed is really hard for you, but a needed rest. It is sometimes those times that you appreciate, because you HAVE to do nothing, so you can't feel bad about it. It is like giving yourself permission to be lazy, even though you aren't being lazy...you know what I mean. I am just glad you are ok.

chris w said...

I was going to call and ask if you are REALLY in a fight with your Dr. for the bedrest. :) You better LISTEN to him girlfriend! Let us take those cute boys for you and NO workouts. :)

Rendi said...

Good to know all is well. Kids know a lot more than we do...that doesn't mean you should start taking their advice on life lessons though! Like what is the best way to drive somewhere or something!

Jim and Vanessa said...

I'm sorry I don't hardly ever check this! But I'll post another blog soon. Yeah we went away for Christmas to Jims and my house. It was a rough drive but not too too bad. Had our 30 wk appt today and I'm down to 2 wk appointments now. Things are still going well, but 9 weeks seems like a long ways. Sam said you had a labor scare?! I can't believe you're due so soon... but still too soon to have her! Hope you're still doing well.

Genevre said...

What a weekend! Brenten is so cute! I love that he totally called her coming early. Let me know if I can help!

Terra said...

Wow! Try and keep things calm for a bit longer - so much easier said than done. LOVE the comment about the power lines. SO FUNNY!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad your little girl is fine! I'm sure bed rest isn't fun, but try to take it easy. :) Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl!!! Sorry to hear about the bedrest! I bet you are bored, I know you love to be a busy body... Thanks for all the cute comments on my blog! I love getting comments and yours are always sooo fun!

Chris and Kat said...

Wow! Well you do have a fan club! I agree that your boys are so cute!!! i am thrilled there is a girl coming though. enjoy Tarzan! :)