Friday, January 30, 2009

BABY...are you ever coming?????

I don' t know if this baby is every coming. Okay, so that is a little dramatic. I know I am still 2 weeks away from my due date, and I am fine to wait. But if I am going to wait she has got to let me sleep. At this point, I will get more sleep with a newborn in the house than I am getting right now. For the last week or so I have been dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I have had a ton of contractions and a few nights of being up from 2am on with contractions to be very regular and close together (2-4 min) and fairly strong for them to stop at 7am and to apparently not do any good. I don't know if this little girl knows but I am done playing games. I am trying really hard not to be grumpy or over anxious but I am both. On a positive note, when she does finally decide to come I will be so happy/relieved to meet her. But I did say, since they put me on bedrest, that she would decide to stay in just because we wouldn't let her come out when she wanted to. It may be irony but really I think it is the Sawyer in her. We are very stubborn and don't like much to be told no when we have something set in our mind. I really hope that she has more of the laid back Christian in her or I may be in trouble.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay I know you still have 2 weeks but THAT IS OKAY...you are allowed to complain. Geez I was trying every method known to woman to get Preston out once I hit that 37 week mark. But of course he comes a whole week LATE! And even had to be induced. LOL

You should post some belly shots! That will keep us all entertained while waiting...plus I haven't seen any lately. LOL

The Reimers Family said...

I am shocked that she isn't here yet. Last week I saw you walking at the park and I almost turned around so I could follow you in case your water broke, I seriously was watching you out of my rear view mirror debating.

Rendi said...

Don't you love the waiting??? Good luck with that and with having enough patience to not pull your hair out. I'm sure she will be worth the wait! By the way, what is her name?

Haley said...

I've been soo out of the loop without the internet at home. Just remember everytime you wake up right now, that you get to go right back to sleep without having to feed, burp, change, feed, burp or put back to sleep your little one.

The Thackers said...

Almost there...try all the wives tales...something might stir something into action. The very end is the hardest for me, too. Can't sleep, bend over, roll over, get up easily, and the list goes on. Good luck!