Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update

I haven't been the best about updating on the pregnancy status but that is because I am grumpy and don't want to come across as bitter and I am thinking that is exactly what will happen. I asked Landon yesterday to ask Caitlin if she was coming out today. He asked (into the belly button) and he looked at me and said, "Caitlin said no she's fine." I am now done asking Landon on the status of Caitlin's arrival since I don't seem to get the answer I want.

Wednesday marked the day that I have officially been my longest pregnancy. Even though my due date hasn't come yet that was a little hard mentally. I had a rough week but am doing a little better today. I guess that is because the end is finally in sight. I went to the doc today, and still no change. (A 3 and 80%) That is with contractions keeping me up for 6 + hours a night more nights than not. And that is with the help of some sleep aids. He stripped my membranes and hopefully that will get things going and then I am scheduled to have the baby on Monday if she doesn't come before then. I can't be induced since I am a VBAC, so they will be breaking my water. From there we are expecting I will have contractions and if I have any contractions at all they can augment (they can give pitocin to keep them coming) . If I don't have any contractions then I will have to have a c-section.

That is pretty much all I know. Oh and my mom is coming this weekend so I am excited for her to come and help us out. The boys are excited for Caitlin and for Grandma.

10 comments:

swilkie12 said...

Andy says "haha" I say it sucks! What does VBAC mean and what can't they induce you cause of it?

Wheat Family said...

Oh Becky...poor you...But by this time next week..you WILL have a little girl..Your almost done! YAY! Call me if you need anything! The boys can come play anytime!

Genevre said...

Monday, there IS an light at the end of the tunnel...there will be a day you aren't pregnant, don't worry!

The Reimers Family said...

Yes, what is VBAC? Hooray for Monday!!

Tammy said...

Hang in there, I hope you can have a VBAC! Have you only had 1 c-section? Justin came 2 weeks later than I thought and it felt like an eternity!! Keep me updated!

chris w said...

Ahhhh, I'm so sorry. The best part is, "no, she say's she's fine." Little turkey! You don't even worry about sounding bitter. I would totally be bitter. You are awesome!

swilkie12 said...

Wow that's complicated and just a little scary! At least you know that she'll be out soon one way or another!

Rendi said...

You are getting so close...was it difficult to get them to do VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)? Good luck and how exciting!!!

Jenni said...

Yikes....I'm sorry you are having a hard time. :( Don't worry...she WILL come out sometime. She can't stay in there forever. Okay sorrry I know that doesn' help and everyone would tell me that when I was a week overdue and it annoyed me LOL and look here I am saying it to you.

Good luck with the delivery...I am very interested to hear how it goes since I am a fellow Csection-er. :)

The Dixons said...

That's very cute. Majerle use to show stocton things through my belly button.