Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mr. Independent

My little Landon is so independent. He can do anything on his own. However, he usually leaves his pull ups to me. He is potty trained except for nap time and bedtime, when he wears a pull up. Well today at nap time I hear "Mommy I need you" I thought go to sleep but went and checked on him anyway. When I went in he was naked and there was a whole container of wipes on the floor with a little bit of brown on all of them and then he said "Look" and showed me his hands. At this point I didn't see the smears on the floor and was already getting him in the shower. I told him from now on I take care of the pull ups when there is stink in them. And he said "I do it myself Mom" What I am to say to that? I try to get them to do things for himself and now I am telling him not to do it himself.

3 comments:

Rendi said...

Yum yum! I can't believe I am going to have to go through potty training again! I found the cute counter and I tried to add through gadgets and the http, but it wouldn't work. What is the secret to add. I swear I am not this stupid normally.

Rendi said...

You are so great- thanks! I really have added these before, but for the life of me, I could not figure it out!

Chris and Kat said...

Oh Rendi- You are SOOOO pregnant! Welcome to the brainless club!

And Becky just remember--when they move out of your house, it isn't your problem anymore. :)