Sunday, February 15, 2009

1 week old

Grandma and Papa Weaver came to visit.
Ready for our trip to the hospital. Everything is so big on her but still so cute.
Cait in her Bili bed.

Cait is 1 week old today and she is doing great. She is eating well and is beginning to sleep pretty well at night too. Perhaps I will get lucky three times in a row of good sleepers. She is just so peaceful and is starting to open her eyes more and beginning to be awake more. However, I still have to wake her to eat during the day about half the time. We all love her so much. The boys are great with her. I will catch both of them laying by her and talking to her. It will be fun to see them together when she is a little more reactive.

She has already given us a little drama. She wasn't every jaundice in the hospital but it peeked a little high so we had to do the bili bed. Poor thing. She cried or screamed the whole time. I don't blame her. It is like making me lay on the kitchen table in my underwear and say stay there all day and night and by the way no blankets. Fortunately the cradle it was placed in rocks so we could sit there and rock it and she would settle down a little bit. But that meant Christian and I were up all night (taking shifts) to rock her. When I would take her out to eat it was so hard to put her back in. But thankfully by the next day her level had significantly dropped so we only had to do the bed for 6 more hours and we were done. Yeah for us. Once we got her dressed and all snuggled up she was so peaceful and exhausted she just slept.
She is a tiny bit yellow still but doing so much better. We are glad we don't have to make daily trips to the hospital anymore and that we are done with that bed. I am a little bummed because my mom was here for a whole week and I didn't get any picts of her with the boys or with Cait. I guess I was more out of it than I thought. I would never miss a photo op.

9 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

She is such a doll! I am so glad that you have posted, I have been wondering about you guys and you never know when it's ok to call with a newborn. I'm glad to hear that she is doing well I can't wait to come and hold her, I'll give her a few weeks before we bombard you though:) Congratulations!

chris w said...

That is the worst! Jaren had to do a bili blanket and it is not fun! She is adorable and I'm so glad for you that she is a good sleeper. We need to come see you when you are feeling up to visitors!!!

4wheelschick said...

too cute!! I forget how small they start out. And she was a pretty good size baby.

Chris and Kat said...

Yeah! More pictures!
Photo shop Caitlin's face on a picture of your mom holding one of your boys in gender neutral outfit/blanket! Problem solved!

Elder Tanner said...

Yeah, you are not pregnant anymore! I am so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see her ... I love the volleyball blanket!

Terra said...

She is adorable! Congrats to you and your family. Glad the bili number is getting better. Tea had to sleep under the lights for about a week. Sucks! Can't wait to see her.

Chris and Kat said...

What??? Mary has a blog???
Thanks for the heads up.
I just spoke with her and she will enable the comments again.

Rendi said...

I love the liliepie counters. I looked and didn't see anything for pg counters. I am a bit slow though lately so I will have to look a lot harder! Baby is cute and I already second Joce's comment!

The Thackers said...

That is so scary having to take her to the hospital so much...I'm glad she is doing better.