Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dilemma

Brenten can be the sweetest boy. He amazes me the way his mind thinks sometimes. Not at all what I expected today. Here's our dilemma. Christian and I play on a softball team and our games are Friday nights. We signed Brenten up for soccer and I was guessing his games would be Saturdays (like baseball was). Well, I was wrong. All of his soccer games are at 6 on Fridays. Now there isn't a problem if our softball game is at 8 or 9 but the 6 and 7 games we will have to make a choice. I found out that our next Friday game is at 6.

Me: Brenten we need to talk.
B: What?
Me: I just found out that our softball game is at 6
B: Oh, I feel so bad mom. I am not going to get to see your game. I am just going to have to go with the Garcia's to my soccer game and when you get home you will have to tell me about your game.
Me: Brenten I feel bad because we will be missing your first soccer game.
B: I know I feel bad that I won't get to go to your game too.

No matter what I said he just kept coming back to how bad he felt because he was missing our game. So cute. Christian and I feel very strongly about sticking to our commitments and following through but I am already feeling terrible.

6 comments:

Genevre said...

Such a sweet boy! I will be there to cheer him on at his game! Our next craft group is Oct 24th- Super Duper Saturday!!

chris w said...

You should have someone video your games so you can watch them together.

He is seriously the sweetest most thoughtful little boy ever!

The Reimers Family said...

How sweet is he? I see your dilemma!

Brittany said...

Wow that is a tough one. Good thing you have such a sweet boy and he is ok with you not going. Hopefully you can make it to the next one.

Your favorite sister said...

Wow! What a wonderful boy! That is a hard decision. He sounds like he has a really good head on his shoulders!

Carole said...

And you thought life was hectic before 5. (: What a sweetheart Brenten is.