Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mom I am a Lawyer

So Brenten and I were in the car and my IPOD had died. When this happens Brenten usually asks a ton a questions. It usually starts off well and then gets funny pretty quick. So yesterday's topic was school/career choices. I don't know what brought this on. Maybe it is his anticipation of Kindergarten. Anyway, he was asking what you have to do to be a fireman, policeman, doctor, teacher. and then he started asking me what other jobs there are so I started naming people that he knew and what jobs they have and what they have gone to school for. The last one we got to was our friend "climber" Matt.

Me: Climber Matt just finished school so he can be a lawyer.
B: What does he do?
Me: There are lots of different lawyers but he wants to be a business lawyer. So he will tell different companies different things they can do and can't do so they can follow the laws and not get into trouble.
B: Well, I think I am already a lawyer.
Me: What????
B: I already tell on people all the time and I also say when they are saying bad words and that keeps them from getting into trouble.
Me: Laughing
B: Don't tell Dad because he will think I need to be older first and go to lots of school but you already know I am a Lawyer.

I didn't have the heart to tell him there is a little difference between a tattle tale and a lawyer. one of which is the pay scale. I love this kid.

6 comments:

chris w said...

That is priceless! Don't tell dad... I love it.

4wheelschick said...

That is helarious! I love your boys, they have the silliest conversation with you.

Kathlen said...

So Cute!!

Keri said...

Too funny! he can represent me any time in court. and I'll pay him in cookies.

The Reimers Family said...

If I don't tell dad can he give me free legal advice?

Jenni said...

That is so incredibly adorable. Really.