Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Vacation

Its a miracle Christian finally took some time off work. He knew he was going to have a rough week there so we took off Wednesday after work and headed on down to Kolob. We love it there. We took our friend "Climber" Matt with us. Well I guess he actually came down Thursday. I always add the pictures backward. So here we are in the Subway in Zions. This is where we were engaged 8 years ago. It is such a beautiful hike but definitely not for sissies. It is a 8 mile hike of walking on slippery rock and then down climbing of big rocks and lots of lowering myself and jumping off of them. There are also pools to swim through and little tunnels to swim under. not real repelling but I needed to hand repel with a rope on one occasion and then climb (or rather fall) down another rope. There are rock slides into pools of water (one of which I took by accident and it really made Christian laugh) It was a great hike and it was so beautiful. I could have picked a million pictures but I just put these two up. I also got to hold a frog (one of the swimming ones). It was so cool and then there were tons of tadpoles and fish in the water. I little tiny frogs in the sand. My favorites was still watching the frogs swim. Thanks to Grandma and Papa Weaver for coming to watch the boys on Saturday so we could go on this great hike.

Landon loves the cabin. The boys are so good there. There was literally zero fighting and they were more than happy to play together and hang out. In the cabin they read books and play with their blocks, cars and dinosaurs. Oh and they loved the water color paints grandma Weaver had left up there.
It is so pretty up there that I usually go camera crazy and well, I think my kids are pretty cute.
The boys have come to understand to do anything for me for a photo op. What little troupers.
There are only a few cabins up there but one of them has a swing set and the boys love it. Landon was a little nervous so I told him he could feel like he was flying and he said he was superman. In his excitement he let go and tumbled off. I am just glad he got back up there. But this is Brenten. He has finally figured out how to get himself to go on the swings. He was so proud of himself.
Dad and Cait at the bonfire. We love to roast marshmallows and make "snores" as Brenten calls them.
Dad caught a horny toad. Brenten thought it was pretty cool. Landon was a little apprehensive.
Crazy landon riding in the car with buckets on his head. He is always doing silly things. He must be 3.

No comments: