Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Back to Work

My first day back to work was this Monday. I have really been dreading it. I knew that I would have to work a minimum of 2 weeks because I took short term disability and that is part of the benefits requirements. But I was really hoping that Christian would have something permanent at that point and then I would be able to stay home with my babies. Well, now that the time is coming that is not looking to be the case. He has been contracted for this company for November and December and they will have another meeting at the end of this month. They really like him and would hire him on the spot if they had the funding but as with most companies right now the funding is the iffy part. We are giving ourselves 10% chance of him having permanent work with them after this month. Not that great. It has been a great experience for him even if it doesn't work out for the long term. That is most of my stress is I have a feeling that me at work is going to be much much longer. I just really don't know how Christian is going to take care of 5 kids (2 newborns) and do all that goes with that and look for work. Hopefully the babies will be more on a day time schedule soon but right now one of them is usually crying.

Maybe it is because I know these are my last but I feel like I am going to miss everything. I already am. I come home and I get them during their fussy time. At least I get an excuse to sit and hold them. Today and tomorrow I am also missing my kids Christmas concerts so that sucks. Right now I can think of a million things I am missing out on. I know it will get better and if I do need to work for much longer, I am okay with that and willing to. But I could really handle the economy turning around right about now and some jobs opening up for Christian. I know that he would really appreciate that as well. :)

On a positive note, my work is awesome. I couldn't ask to work for a better company. They have been so supportive and flexible with me. The best part is I don't feel like they are giving me special treatment. They do this for all the employees. And it is a good week to come back. Monday was just figuring where I was at. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten some of my passwords. And then yesterday, work took us out to lunch. Today and tomorrow we are working on sub for santa. Our company took 4 families. How cool is that? Today we also have a birthday party. It is all helping to make the week go by faster.

1 comment:

Genevre said...

Becky know that the entire ward is thinking of you, I hear your name in so many conversations...we are all just hoping for a miracle for you all.
I know is sucks, but you are probably the toughest girl I know, you can do this, although it isn't fun.