Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is Santa Real?

This is the year that Brenten is trying to figure out if Santa is real or not. Apparently 8 is about the age that kids start thinking this way because other moms have told me their kids are too. With so many reality shows on tv, Brenten is always asking if shows are real or not. It is hard to explain that some reality shows are only kind of real. But that's a different story. With all the Christmas shows on, Brenten has been asking with each one if they are real. And typically I just tell them it is just a story someone wrote about santa or something like that. Finally I asked him why he keeps asking if they are real or not and he said he was just trying to figure out if Santa is real or not. I was not ready for this day. Since he is my oldest I had no idea when it was that kids start questioning it. I just told him that Santa only comes to those who believe. Now I will probably never know if he believes or not anymore. I'm a little selfish so I am okay with not knowing. I can go on believing they are little and still believe in Santa.

2 comments:

chris w said...

I hate that dilemma! He's so cute.

Ms Mae said...

http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/truth-about-santa

This is a fantastic letter I found to tell your kids the truth about santa :)