Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TwO MoNtHs OlD

My babies are 2 months old today. The time has really flown by. I don't have stats because their 2 month appt isn't until next Monday. I will have to update that later. They are doing awesome. We feel so blessed with how well they have done and continue to do.

At about a month they both got little colds and we were told again that Maci had a high chance of going back into the hospital but with lots of suctioning and the strong little thing she is she came out just fine. I think they knew that I couldn't handling spending any extra time out of our house knowing I had to go back to work soon. (see how I made that about me). It is funny how much I have forgotten since Cait was a baby. They already have their own distinct personalities. Their cries are totally different. Maci yells. It is like she has shout outs and they are loud and if she is mad then their just isn't any breaks between her yells. Sometimes she sounds like a cat. Her nickname is Maci cat. Beckett's cry is a little more whiny and sad sounding. Actually he sounds like a sheep. His dad gave him the name of Squawkbox because he squawked when he ate at the hospital. That is because he has some pretty good acid reflux. He is still on the medicine for that. Hopefully he will grow out of it soon.

They are starting to sleep well (not including last night) but they are starting to more consistently make it through the night. We feed them at 10pm and they have been making it to 7am or later. Yesterday they made it to 8:30. This also means they are starting to be awake more during the day. Most of the time when they are awake they want held but every once in a while they will look around and just sit in their seat for a little bit. This makes it sound like they cry all the time. They are actually really good babies. They are just trying to figure out what it means to be awake and not be eating. :)

I can't wait to find out how much they weigh. They are still in newborn clothes but have definitely graduated from the preemie clothes. And they are starting to get chubby. I know they aren't really chubby but they are on their way. They have fuller cheeks and little rolls on their legs. I love them. Maci also had a preemie look to her when she was born and she is losing that. Maybe it is because I am the mom but I don't think she looks preemie at all anymore.

Usually I am in such a hurry for them to get bigger and get to the next stage but I want them to stay little forever. I love how they are right now.

I will have to post pictures later.

2 comments:

Genevre said...

I can't believe is has been two months! And I can't wait to see them! Christian was talking to me the other day about how big they are getting - and boy do they have him glowing and smiling! He is smitten isn't he?? Glad you are getting some sleep now :)

Emily said...

Congratulations on surviving the first two months with twins. I can only imagine how much work that involves in the average day! Bless you!

Can't wait to see some new photos Becky!