Wednesday, August 27, 2008

working out

So I am trying so hard to stay active and to workout through this pregnancy. I am really excited to see if there are differences. There are all ready differences with this pregnancy but there are too many variables to decide if it is all due to exercise. But I am especially interested to see if there is a difference with my labor and recovery. The other day when I didn't feel well and needed a little motivation to get to the gym and I found this and thought I should share it with some of my friends who are trying to get in shape or stay in shape.

It was an advertisement, probably for a running shoe or something but once I saw it I cut it out and put it on the fridge.

I Run....
for me
for sanity
for fun
for health
for companionship
for solidarity
for my body
for a better life
for clarity
for he sheer joy
for the love of my body.
Then I add my own...
to feel good about myself
to mark something off my list
to be a better me
to be a better mom
to be a better wife
to be happier

6 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oh Becky, I love that! I have been so out of shape since I have had kids and now with all of them in school...Ben and I headed to the gym yesterday and it was such a struggle. But I know it just takes time!Kudos to you for doing it while preggo, that was always my excuse to do nothing! lol

4wheelschick said...

I love this quote! Thanks!

Jenni said...

Becky I love that so much! I'm going to copy that and put it on my fridge. Thanks for sharing that. And good luck with the exercise. Its my goal with my next pregnancy to do the same :)

The Reimers Family said...

You must have some steel will power! You couldn't pay me to lace up running shoes, let alone actually go running when I was pregnant. Good for you, You're a good example.

Haley said...

Love the quote!! That is what I need to get going again. I think going to gym regularly helped my recovery a lot, even if at the end of my pregnancy I couldn't do everything as gracefully as before.

Genevre said...

Go becky Go! I have had a "work out" pregnancy and one that I did nothing, working out was so much better, labor was twice as easy and my recovery was way faster. Keep it up!